Tuesday 27 March 2012

Getting Going

I have wanted to make sausages on and off for over twenty years, but somehow I never got around to it. About ten years ago I bought an electric mincer and stuffer but I have never used it. It stayed in it's box until I passed it on brand new to my sister. Then a couple of weeks ago my girlfriend and I got our first bit of real sun for the year and we went out for a relaxing day in Ely, including a trip to Topping & Company bookshop. I had no idea what book I wanted to buy, but it wouldn't seem right going in to that lovely bookshop and not coming out with something. I left with a copy of The Sausage Book, by Nick Sandler & Johny Acton, and a surprising urge to make some quality sausage.

A week later and I had read the book and ordered a basic mincer and stuffer along with a pack of hog casings. When they arrived, it was just a quick trip to the supermarket to get pork bellies and herbs. I was ready to make my first sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment