Sunday 4 March 2018

Cured Curry Sausage

Ingredient Grams
Basic cured sausage mix 1800
Garlic 28
Sainsbury's Hot curry powder 18
Turmeric 10

I tried making a fresh curried sausage previously but the spices were quite stark as they do not get the required amount of time to cook as the sausage cooks. I figured that the fermentation of the spices in a cured version would work better and I was right. It's delicious. The spices are rounded and compliment the tang of the cured meat.

Although I wanted to use Sharwood's curry mix as it is a classic English curry flavour, when I got to the supermarket all they had were their own brand version. I took the easy option and bought what was available at the time. It worked well but as I am sure that this is one to make again I will use Sharwood's next time. Although the curry powder was advertised as Hot this did not really come through in the finished item. And although I enjoy a hot curry, I think that this is fine as it is, without the heat.

I added extra turmeric to the recipe as I wanted to get a distinguished yellow colour to the finished sausage that was similar to the red of a Chorizo.

No comments:

Post a Comment