Tuesday 21 October 2014

Truffle Sausage



Ingredient Grams Percentage
pork belly 2000 95.66
salt 20 0.98
black pepper, crushed 10 0.49
summer truffle, grated 20 0.98

Casing: sheep casings

I was given a small jar of summer truffles for my birthday and decided to turn them into sausages. It's a simple recipe with nothing more than meat, salt pepper and the truffle for flavour.

The sausages do not look anything special. The black truffle is a visually small ingredient and only a few black spots can be seen under the skin. By sight, it's not that easy to tell the truffle apart from the black pepper.

For these sausages I used some Kampot black pepper from Cambodia, that I bought on a recent trip. It is super fresh and strong and over powers the truffle a little. Having said that, the sausages are quite delicious.

The next time I make this, I will knock back the amount of pepper and increase the amount of truffle, though the truffle is quite expensive and that will make quite a pricey sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment